Recipe Friday – Cheesy Meatballs For Dogs
Your dog will go crazy for these yummy, tasty meatball treats!
- 1/2 pound ground beef (you can substitute for chicken, lamb etc)
- 1/2 cup cooked brown rice
- 1 carrot, shredded
- 1 stalk celery, finely chopped
- 1/2 cup frozen chopped spinach, thawed and drained
- 2 tablespoons chopped flat-leaf parsley
- 2 tablespoons cheese (your choice)
- 1 large egg (if your dog cannot digest or is allergic to eggs you can leave it out. The meatballs just might not stick together as easily as you want them to).
- 2 teaspoons ground turmeric (great for digestion)
Preheat the oven to 400°. Grease a baking sheet. In a medium bowl, combine all of the ingredients and mix well. Form the mixture into 10 balls (or more depending on the size you want the meatballs to be and according to the size of your dog, if you have a small dog, the meatballs should be smaller) and place on the baking sheet. Bake until cooked through, about 15 minutes. Let cool completely on a rack.
Always make sure to substitute or omit ingredients that your dog is allergic to or cannot digest.