Recipe Friday – Doggie Meatballs
Yes another recipe for doggie meatballs, these have more veggies and sound even good enough for us humans to eat!
- 1/2 pound ground beef
- 1/2 cup cooked brown rice
- 1 carrot, shredded
- 1 stalk celery, finely chopped
- 1/2 cup frozen chopped spinach, thawed and drained
- 2 tablespoons chopped flat leaf parsley
- 2 tablespoons Parmesan cheese (you can omit this if your dog is allergic)
- 1 large egg (this is not necessary if your dog is allergic, the meatballs will still form properly)
- 2 teaspoons ground turmeric
- Preheat the oven to 400°F. Grease a muffin pan or a baking sheet.
- In a medium bowl, combine all of the ingredients and mix well. Fill each muffin tin with about 1/4 cup of the mixture, or form the mixture into 10 balls and place on the baking sheet.
- Bake about 15 minutes to ensure the meatballs are cooked through. Let cool completely on a rack.
Recipe Note: Makes about 10-12 meatballs (depending on the size you make the meatballs, for smaller dogs, smaller meatballs would be better).
Remember you can omit any ingredient if your dog is allergic to something.
Also, remember to feed in moderation.