Recipe Friday – Carrot Honey Doggie Treats
These treats are sure to please your lovely doggies! Remember to feed in moderation, and you can always freeze these if you don’t use them within a week. Refrigerate after baking.
- 1 Chicken breast, cooked and chopped
- 2 Carrots, grated
- 2 tablespoons Honey
- 1 teaspoon dried Parsley
- 1 cup Whole Wheat Flour (if your dog has allergies, 3/4 cup of rice flour should work nicely)
- 1/4 cup Water
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper or use a silicone baking mat.
3. In a large bowl mix all ingredients one at a time, kneading well after each addition.
4. Once dough is well mixed roll dough into 1/2 inch balls and place dough balls 2 inches apart onto the prepared baking sheet. Press down on the tops with a fork to flatten. (You can make these even smaller, sometimes I make 1/4 inch balls).
4. Bake for 15 minutes (if you make them smaller, about 12 minutes should be good), or until browned at the edges. Cool and refrigerate.
Makes about 3-5 dozen, depending on the size you make the balls initially.