Recipe Friday – Gluten Free Bacon Peanut Butter Dog Treats
Your dog will be begging for more of these yummy treats. Make sure to feed in moderation. I have also included the regular ingredients in case you don’t need to make them gluten free:
- 1 cup oat flour (you can just whip up your own by grinding up rolled oats)
- 1 cup brown rice flour (or you can substitute regular or whole wheat flour, use whole wheat flour if you don’t need the recipe to be gluten free)
- 1/2 cup peanut butter (unsalted is best)
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup water
- 2-3 pieces cooked bacon (and cook some extra bacon just for yourself to snack on!)
- 1 shredded carrot
1. Preheat oven to 350F. In a medium bowl combine all wet ingredients until well blended. Add both flours to wet mixture to form dough.
2. Roll out between two pieces of parchment paper or lightly floured work surface to 1/4 inch thick.
3. Cut out with cookie cutter. (You can use a dog bone shaped cookie cutter, or any cookie cutter. If you don’t have a cookie cutter, use the open end of a glass.)
4. Place treats on a parchment lined baking sheet (they can be close together, just not touching) and bake for 20-25 minutes.
5. Once finished baking, transfer to a wire rack to cool completely.
6. Store a weeks worth of treats on the counter in a sealed container and the rest can go in the freezer.
Posted on June 1, 2012, in Food, Recipes, Uncategorized and tagged bacon, dog, dog treat, food, gluten free, gluten free dog treat homemade, homemade dog treat, peanut butter, recipe. Bookmark the permalink. Leave a comment.