Recipe Friday – Scrumptious Sardine Balls for Kitties
Here is a great treat for your kitties that will be sure to get purrs, head butts and lip smacking. Just remember these should only be fed once in a great while (About once a month to once every other month)
- 2 flat cans of sardines in oil (do not drain the oil. For gluten free options, make sure that the oil has no gluten, it should say on the label).
- 2/3 cup cooked rice
- 1 Tablespoon of liver pureed (or canned liver cat food)
- 1/4 cup chopped parsley
- In a medium sized bowl, combine and mix all ingredients until they are thoroughly mixed together and form a kind of mash.
- Shape into small balls and serve directly into your cat’s bowl.
- You can form the balls and place them in the refrigerator for up to three days. Or you can just keep the mash in the bowl and form balls as needed.