Recipe Friday – Doggie Meatloaf
Here is a great treat for your dog. Remember to feed in moderation.
- 1 1/2 cups chicken broth (or beef broth)
- 1 1/2 pounds ground chicken — or turkey (or beef, or venison, or any meat that your dog can eat)
- 1/2 cup cottage cheese
- 2 whole eggs (or egg substitute if your dog is allergic. You can omit, although the loaf may not hold together that well without a binding agent such as eggs).
- 1/2 cup wheat germ (can be left out if your dog is allergic)
- 1/4 cup carrot — finely chopped (can be left out if your dog is allergic)
- 1/4 cup spinach — finely chopped (can be left out if your dog is allergic)
- 1/4 cup zucchini — finely chopped (can be left out if your dog is allergic)
- 2 cloves garlic (some people do not use garlic at all for their dogs. You can use it if you wish or omit)
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- Preheat oven to 350.
- In a large mixing bowl add meat, cottage cheese, veggies, and eggs. Mix thoroughly. Add wheat germ and olive oil, mixing well.
- Add mixture to loaf pan, bake at 350 for 1 hour or until done.
- Allow to cool thoroughly then cut into pieces and store unused in airtight container for up to two weeks in the fridge.