Recipe Friday – Meaty Grass Meat Treats for Cats
This is a great treat for any cat who loves a bit of variety in their diet.
- 1/2 cup Ground Beef (I use lean ground, if you have more than one cat, you may want to use more. Of course you can use chicken, or pork or fish as well, as long as it is ground up or minced very fine).
- 3 Tablespoons of broth (chicken or beef, or veggie broth, whatever will work for your cat)
- 2 Tablespoons of COOKED oatmeal (you can buy gluten free oats if your cat has a gluten allergy)
- 1 teaspoon Dried Grass Powder (This can be found at your local Pet Shop or Supermarket)
- 1/4 cup of your cat’s favorite vegetable. Carrots are popular or pumpkin (which I use, I know it is technically a fruit, but I consider it a vegetable) Mince it up or put it in a blender, whichever you prefer.
- Cook the beef or chicken or pork or fish until just done, it’s best not to overcook as it might not work well in this application.
- Pour broth on the meat.
- Add in the vegetable and mix well, using a fork to kind of mash it in together with the meat. It will probably start to look like canned cat food.
- Once that is mixed well, add the dried grass powder. Mix in well.
- Finally add the oatmeal into the mix and make it into a bit of a firmer wet food mixture. You can then scoop out little portions with a melon baller or a small scoop. I make these about the size of a quarter. You can mix them into little balls or however you want to feed them to your cat.
- Store the rest in the refrigerator in an air tight container for about a week. If you would like, you can freeze any leftovers.
Posted on July 6, 2012, in Recipes, Uncategorized and tagged allergy, beef, cat, cat food, cat treat recipe, cats, eat, food, gluten free, homemade cat treat, meaty, recipe. Bookmark the permalink. Leave a comment.