Recipe Friday – Bacon Nom Noms
Here is a great treat to get your dog begging for more! Remember to feed treats in moderation only.
- 6 Slices of bacon (can be pork bacon or turkey bacon)
- 4 Eggs
- 1 Tablespoon Bacon Oil
- 2 Tablespoon Crunchy peanut butter (or smooth, whichever you have on hand)
- 1 Cup Water
- 1/2 Cup dry milk powder
- 2 Cups of Oat Flour
- 2 Cups Ground oatmeal or Wheat Germ (use gluten free oats and grind them in a coffee grinder if your dog has gluten/wheat allergies)
- 1/2 Cup Cornmeal (this can be omitted if your dog has corn allergies. It adds a trivial amount of crunch, so if you want to add something to it that your dog is not allergic to, feel free).
- Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees.
- Crumble Bacon, and beat eggs.
- Mix all ingredients together well in a large mixing bowl, until they have a kind of cookie batter type consistency.
- Drop heaping tablespoons onto a greased baking sheet. (Or if you have a smaller dog and prefer smaller sizes, you can use a teaspoon or melon baller for smaller sizing).
- Bake for 15 minutes.
- Turn the oven off and leave the cookies in the oven to dry out. (Usually I leave them for 8-12 hours)
- Store in a ziploc bag or airtight container for up to two weeks, if you want to refrigerate them, that is fine as well)
- This recipe yields about 4 dozen treats.
Posted on July 13, 2012, in Food, Recipes, Uncategorized and tagged allergies, bacon, bacon nom noms, dog, dog treat, dogs, food, food alleriges, gluten free, recipe, treat. Bookmark the permalink. Leave a comment.