Recipe Friday – Kitty Cupcakes!
Your cat is bound to love these yummy cupcakes made especially for them, with an added touch of catnip!
- 1/2 Cup flour (if your cat has allergies to gluten, use about 3/4 cup of rice flour)
- 1 Pat of butter
- A few pinches of catnip
- 1 Tablespoon sour cream
- 1/4 Cup shredded cheese (whatever kind you have on hand will work fine)
- 1/4 Cup milk (all kinds are good, unless your cat has an allergy to cow’s milk or to soy, then an alternative can be almond milk or coconut milk, goat’s milk, or hemp milk)
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- Lightly grease a muffin tin.
- Mix all ingredients (EXCEPT the catnip) together in a medium mixing bowl, making sure that all ingredients are mixed well.
- Pour into the muffin tins and bake for 20 minutes. Test before pulling them out with a toothpick. Poke the toothpick into the middle of the cupcake, if it comes out clean, they are done.
- While still hot, lightly spread some cream cheese on the top of the cupcake as a “frosting”. Then sprinkle the catnip on top of that.
- This should make about 2 cupcakes, if you wish to make them smaller, that is fine, just adjust the cooking time according to the size of the cupcakes you are making.
- Let cool and then serve. You can chop it up into small bite-size pieces. I use this as a “birthday cake” for Isis.
- Leftovers can be saved in an airtight container for several days.
Posted on August 3, 2012, in Recipes, Uncategorized and tagged birthday cupcake, birthday cupcake for cats, cat, catnip, cats, cupcakes for cats, gluten free, kitty cupcakes, recipe, treat. Bookmark the permalink. Leave a comment.