Recipe Friday – Homemade Wet Dog Food To Make Them Drool
This homemade version of wet food (canned food) for dogs is sure to make them drool and want more and more. Just don’t feed this to your dog exclusively, they need more vitamins and nutrients that they get from the food you do feed them on a regular basis.
- 2 Tablespoons Olive Oil
- 5-6 lbs. ground beef (you can substitute with ground chicken or turkey if you prefer)
- 2 cans chicken broth (or beef broth, veggie broth, whichever works)
- 4 cups water
- 1 3-lb bag brown rice
1. Brown the meat with the olive oil.
2. Add broth, water, when meat is cooked and bring to boil.
3. Mix in rice and bring to a boil.
4. Lower the heat and simmer, covered, for an hour.
5. Let cool overnight.
Makes 40-45 cups of food. Freeze the leftovers; only keep out enough in the refrigerator that you can use for one week at a time.
Posted on August 10, 2012, in Food, Recipes, Uncategorized and tagged dog, dog food, Dog treats, dogs, eat, gluten free, homemade dog food recipe, meat and rice, recipe, treats, wet dog food recipe. Bookmark the permalink. Leave a comment.