Recipe Friday – Kitty Jelly
This interesting looking recipe when completed will surely please even the most finicky kitty out there.
- 3 cups chicken broth (or any broth that works for you and your kitty)
- 4-1/2 tablespoons flour (if your cat has a gluten allergy, you can use 4 tablespoons of rice flour)
- 1/4 cup carrots –diced into small cubes
- 3/4 cup minced meat (cooked)
- pieces of fish – optional (any fish that works well for your kitty such as: salmon, sardines, mackerel, trout, about a half cup if you are using fish and minced meat, if you are just using fish, use about a cup).
1. After the broth has been made, allow it too cool for around 2 minutes.
2. Add all the flour and mix well, make sure the lumps are out, and try to get it like a gravy consistency. (If it doesn’t come together as gravy or all the lumps are not out right now, it should come together after reheating it in the next steps.
3. Heat broth and flour mixture on high heat until a gravy starts to form, if it hasn’t formed already (skip this step if it is gravy consistency already).
4. Immediately add all other ingredients and pour all contents of this meal into an airtight container, suitable for the refrigerator.
5. Allow it to set into jelly like substance with the carrots, minced meat and fish suspended in it.
6. Put in refrigerator to set if you wish. Once set, use a melon baller or spoon and dish out and serve to your cat.
7. Keep all leftovers in same container in refrigerator for a week, and toss any leftovers then.
Posted on August 31, 2012, in Recipes, Uncategorized and tagged cat, cat treat, cats, fish, food, gluten free, homemade cat treat, homemade cat treat recipe, jelly, kitty jelly, meat, recipe, recipe friday, treat. Bookmark the permalink. Leave a comment.