Recipe Friday – Meaty Cakes (For Dogs)
This recipe will have your dog sitting up and begging for more!
- 1 -1/2 cups quick oatmeal (if your dog has allergies, you can buy gluten free oats)
- 1/2 cup oat flour (or flour of your choice. If your dog has gluten allergies, oat flour is good, or rice flour.)
- 1/2 cup cooked ground chicken (or other ground meat of your choice)
- 1/2 cup shredded carrots
- 1 Egg
- 3 tablespoons Salmon Oil
- 1/4 cup water
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2. Mix all the ingredients together to form a heavy sticky dough. Use a medium scoop to divide the dough onto your cookie sheet.
3. Press the middle of the ball down with your thumb so that it cooks evenly (don’t press all the way rather, press so the ball is no longer a ball, but more even/flat).
4. Bake for 35 to 40 minutes until golden brown at the edges. Let treats sit in the oven (turned off) for an hour or two to dry out.
5. Cool and serve as a treat or crumble over your dog’s food.
Makes 14-16 medium/large meaty cakes.
You can store the rest in a Tupperware container in the refrigerator for about a week and a half. If you do not want to serve it cold, take out of the fridge and leave out for an hour before serving, or warm slightly in the microwave on low for 10-15 seconds.
Posted on September 7, 2012, in Food, Recipes, Uncategorized and tagged baking, dog, dog treat recipe, Dog treats, dogs, food, gluten free, homemade dog treats, meaty cakes, meaty cakes dog treat recipe, meaty cakes for dogs, recipe. Bookmark the permalink. Leave a comment.