Recipe Friday – Hammie Treats (For Cats)
These treats are great for cats and they help to add some weight to your kitty.
1 jar organic ham baby food (2 1/2 oz, strained, if you cannot find ham food, you can use regular ham, about a half cup chopped up. If your cat cannot tolerate ham, you can use chicken or fish, chopped up, about a half cup)
1 egg (if your cat is allergic to eggs, you can use an egg substitute)
1/2 cup + 2 tablespoons wheat germ (if your cat has an allergy to gluten/wheat, you can use rice bran, same amount, or ground flax seed, same amount)
1/2 cup + 2 tablespoons milk powder (no-fat)
1. Preheat oven to 350F.
2. Grease a cookie sheet with olive oil or butter.
3. Beat egg first, then add other ingredients and mix thoroughly.
4. Form mixture into small cat-bite size balls and place on greased cookie sheet.
5. Bake for 12-15 minutes, depending on size of balls made.
6. Feed in moderation, store rest in airtight container in fridge for up to one week.
Posted on September 14, 2012, in Recipes, Uncategorized and tagged cat, cat treat, cats, gluten free, gluten free recipe, hammie treats, hammie treats for cats, homemade cat treat, homemade cat treat recipe, recipe. Bookmark the permalink. Leave a comment.