Recipe Friday – Wonder Cookies (For Cats)
Posted by furbabiesfurever
These cookies are great when served in moderation. Your cat will love them.
- 1 1/4 cup flour (if your cat has gluten allergies, you can use 1 cup of Rice Flour)
- 1/3 cup milk (any kind of milk will do, if your cat has allergies to cow’s milk, soy milk, or what have you, substitute another kind of milk)
- 2 tbs Wheat germ (if your cat has issues with gluten, you can omit this, or use gluten free ground flax seed, same amount)
- 2 tbs vegetable oil
- 1 tbs molasses (unsulfured)
- 1 1/2 tbs catnip
- 1 egg
1. Preheat oven to 350F.
2. Lightly grease a cookie sheet with olive oil.
3. In a medium mixing bowl, first combine all dry ingredients and mix well.
4. Add wet ingredients slowly and make sure the mixture is mixed well.
5. You can do this one of two ways: 1. roll out the mixture into one long sheet and place onto cookie sheet and bake this way. 2. Or you can use a teaspoon and drop the mixture onto the cookie sheet. Either way will work fine.
6. Bake for at least 20 minutes, or until cooked through. If you baked these using method #1, you should cut it into small pieces as it is cooling.
7. Let cool and serve to your cat. You may need to break the pieces up into smaller pieces so that they are bite size, which should be easy to do. Keep the rest in a Ziploc bag for special occasions.
About furbabiesfureverJust a furmom taking care of "less" adoptables-a dog and cat that are black, always adopting and not shopping. Love many activities,my oscar fish, animals, shopping, friends, family, life, my husband and of course my fur babies.
Posted on September 28, 2012, in Food, Recipes, Uncategorized and tagged cat, cats, cookies for cats, gluten free recipe, gluten free recipe for cat treats, homemade cat treat, homemade cat treat recipe, wonder cookies. Bookmark the permalink. Leave a comment.