Recipe Friday – Sweet Potato Treats (For Dogs)
This is the easiest recipe ever! I wasn’t sure Sasha (or any dog for that matter), would like this, but she LOVED it. This is so easy to prepare for anyone who may not be a wizard in the kitchen.
Ingredient: (Yes ONE ingredient!)
- 3 Large Sweet Potatoes (washed and dried about the same shape/size works best)
1. Preheat oven to 250 degrees
2. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
3. Cut your sweet potato in half lengthwise.
4. Place flat side of halved potato onto your cutting board and slice into 1/3 inch lengthwise pieces. Do not cut thinner than 1/4 inch.
5. Place them on the prepared baking sheet.
6. Bake for 3 hours turning over halfway through.
7. Cool completely on a wire rack.
8. Keep refrigerated up to two weeks. Store any leftovers in the freezer for up to 4 months.
Posted on October 5, 2012, in Recipes, Uncategorized and tagged food, gluten free, gluten free recipe, homemade dog treat, one ingredient dog treat, recipe, sweet potato treats for dogs, sweet potatoes, treat. Bookmark the permalink. Leave a comment.