Recipe Friday – Cheddar Pumpkin Treats Gluten Free (For Dogs)
Your dog will come running for these tasty treats. I will post the gluten free version, plus the recipe if you wish to make yours not gluten free.
- 1 cup Pumpkin Puree
- 1/2 cup shredded Cheddar Cheese
- 1 teaspoon Cinnamon
- 1/4 cup Oats
- 1/2 cup Soy Flour (or you can use 1 cup of whole wheat or regular white flour, if you want a “lighter” gluten free flour, since soy flour is kind of heavy, you can use about 3/4 cup rice flour, you may need to play around with the measurements, since density and moisture content may be an issue)
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees and line a baking sheet with parchment paper or a silicone baking mat.
2. Mix all ingredients in a large bowl until well combined.
3. Spread by hand onto the prepared baking sheet 1/4 inch thick. Then use a knife, or any kind of sharper cooking tool to kind of score it into a grid for cutting pieces later when cooked.
4. Bake for 10 to 15 minutes, until browned at the edges. (you may need more time for this step)
5. Cool and break into pieces then refrigerate.
Posted on November 2, 2012, in Food, Recipes, Uncategorized and tagged cheddar, Dog treats, food allergies, gluten free, gluten free recipe, gluten free recipe for dog treats, homemade dog treats, ingredients, pumpkin. Bookmark the permalink. Leave a comment.