Recipe Friday – Turkey Meatballs For Cats
Your cat is sure to love these tasty treats. Of course, if your cat cannot eat turkey, you may substitute it for any other ground meat.
- 1/2 Pound ground turkey
- 1/2 Cup grated carrots
- 1/4 Cup Parmesan cheese
- 1/2 Cup finely crushed crackers
- 1/4 Cup powdered milk
- 1 Egg
- 1/2 Teaspoon salt
1. Preheat oven to 350F and lightly grease a cookie sheet/baking pan with olive oil.
2. Using your hands as you would when making meatloaf, mix all ingredients together in a large bowl.
3. Make the meatballs about the size of golf balls, and arrange them on a baking pan/cookie sheet.
4. Bake for approximately 20 minutes until the balls are nicely browned and reach an internal temperature of 160 degrees F.
5. Cool before serving. Freeze the leftover balls and reheat in microwave as needed. You may chop them up before serving them to your cat.
Posted on November 9, 2012, in Food, Recipes, Uncategorized and tagged cat, cat treat recipe, homemade cat treats, meatballs, recipe, turkey, turkey meatballs, turkey meatballs for cats. Bookmark the permalink. Leave a comment.