Recipe Friday – Gooey Meat Treat For Dogs
This is a great meatloaf kind of concoction for your dog that will make them want more and more.
Chopped liver (depending how much you would like to make, use one to two large pieces and chop them up finely).
2 small potatoes
1/2 Cup Chopped carrots
1 Cup cooked brown rice
Kale (optional, I sprinkle it on top when I am finished making the loaf)
1 Cup broth (chicken, turkey, beef, vegetable, whichever you think your dog will like)
1. Cook all ingredients except the kale. Make sure the vegetables are cooked until soft. Chop up all ingredients except the kale.
2. Break up the kale into small pieces like you would when breaking up lettuce for salad
3. Mix ingredients (except for the kale, sprinkle that on top when finished) and blend in blender (until it is the consistency of canned dog food) and warm on stove.
4. Warm the broth and pour it over the mixture each time you serve a piece to your dog.
5. Store leftovers in the fridge, along with the broth and heat both back up each time you serve it to your dog.
Posted on November 16, 2012, in Food, Recipes, Uncategorized and tagged dog, dog food, gluten free, gluten free dog treat recipe, homemade dog treat recipe, kale, liver meat treat, meat treat for dogs. Bookmark the permalink. Leave a comment.