Recipe Friday – Pumpkin and Peanut Butter Puppycakes
These are great treats for any leftover pumpkin from Thanksgiving. Remember to use real PUMPKIN and NOT pumpkin pie filling.
- 1 Cup of whole wheat flour (regular or white) (for dogs with gluten or wheat allergy, about 3/4 cup of rice flour or almond flour can work, you may have to add more, just depends on how moist you like the batter.)
- 1 egg
- 2 Tablespoon olive oil
- 1 Tablespoon honey
- 1/2 Cup skim milk
- 1/4 Cup unsweetened & unsalted peanut butter
- 1/8 Cup pumpkin (not pumpkin pie filling)
- 1/4 Cup water
- 1/4 Cup pumpkin
- 1 oz low fat cream cheese
1. Preheat oven 350 degrees.
2. Mix flour, egg, olive oil, honey, skim milk, peanut butter, pumpkin, and water together. Batter should be thick.
3. Pour into cupcake tins about 2/3 full.
4. Bake for 20 – 25 minutes. Let cool.
5. Frosting directions: Mix 1/4 Cup of pumpkin with 1 oz of cream cheese. Mix until smooth like frosting. Refrigerate for 30 minutes.
6. Frost the cupcakes in any design or in any fashion you wish.
7. Store in an airtight container in the fridge, if you have leftovers for longer than a week, freeze the rest and defrost as needed.
Posted on November 30, 2012, in Recipes, Uncategorized and tagged dog treat recipe, food allergies, food allergy pet recipe, gluten free dog treat recipe, homemade dog treat, peanut butter, pumpkin peanut butter cupcakes, pumpkin peanut butter puppycakes, pumpkin recipe, recipe. Bookmark the permalink. Leave a comment.