Recipe Friday – Turkey Cranberry Treats For Dogs
These will be a great treat between now and Christmas, and great if you have leftovers!
- 1 pound ground Turkey, cooked and drained (if your dog cannot eat turkey, you can use chicken, beef or pork, same amount).
- 1 cup dried Cranberries
- 1 tablespoon Honey
- 2 Eggs
- 1/4 cup Milk (you can use whichever kind of milk you have on hand)
- 2 1/4 cups Whole Wheat Flour (if your dog has allergies, you can use about 2 cups of Rice Flour, or about 1 3/4 – 2 cups of Almond flour, you will probably have to play around with the amount to make it the right consistency).
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit and line a baking sheet with parchment paper or a silicone baking mat.
2. In a large bowl mix all ingredients one at a time, stirring well after each addition
3. Knead dough into ball and roll onto a floured surface 1/2 inch thick and cut with the cookie cutter of your choice.
4. Place on your prepared cookie sheet and bake for 10 to 15 minutes. Cool and refrigerate.
5. You can keep them in a cookie jar (just make sure you are able to make note on the jar that it is for dog treats). Or you can store them in the fridge. If you don’t use them up within two weeks, freeze the rest.
Makes 3 to 4 dozen rounds
Posted on December 7, 2012, in Recipes, Uncategorized and tagged christmas recipe treats for dogs, cranberry, cranberry turkey treats, dog treat recipe, gluten free dog treat recipe, gluten free recipe, leftovers recipe, recipe, turkey. Bookmark the permalink. Leave a comment.