Recipe Friday- Cranberry Apple Dog Biscuits
Just in time for Christmas, here is a great recipe!
- 1 cup fresh Cranberries
- 1 cup Apple Sauce
- 2 cups Whole Wheat Flour (if your dog has gluten allergies, you can use about 1 3/4 cups of Rice Flour or the same amount of Almond Flour, you may have to play around to get the right amount)
- 1 teaspoon ground Cinnamon
- 1/4 cup Milk
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees and line a baking sheet with parchment paper or a silicone baking mat.
2. Puree cranberries and mix with applesauce. Once combined add milk, cinnamon and flour until dough is well mixed.
3. Knead dough into ball and roll onto a heavily floured surface 1/4 inch thick and cut with cookie cutter of your choice.
4. Place on prepared baking sheet and bake for 10 to 15 minutes or until browned at the edges.
5. Cool and refrigerate.
Makes between 2-4 dozen treats, depending on the size of the cookie cutter you use. You can store in a jar, if not used up in a couple weeks, freeze the rest.
Posted on December 21, 2012, in Recipes, Uncategorized and tagged apple, christmas dog treat, cranberry, Dog treats, gluten free dog treat recipe, homemade dog treat recipe, recipe. Bookmark the permalink. Leave a comment.