Recipe Friday – Oatmeal Yums For Doggies
I hope everyone had a great holiday, mine was so good, I dropped the ball last week on posting a recipe and product review! But I am back this week to share a great recipe for homemade dog treats!
*1/2 cup – 3/4 cups oatmeal (depending on how dense you want the treats)
1/4 cup powdered milk
2 small jars beef baby food (organic is best)
1 tablespoon peanut butter (either crunchy or smooth works great)
*You can also use Cream of Wheat or wheat germ in place of the oatmeal.
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2. Combine all ingredients in a medium sized bowl.
3. Shape dough into hearts, bones, or any other doggie themed treat.
4. Place on a greased cookie sheet, or a silicone mat.
5. Cook for 12 to 15 minutes or until golden brown.
6. Cool. Store treats in your refrigerator for up to one week, freeze any leftovers.
Posted on January 4, 2013, in Recipes, Uncategorized and tagged dog, dog treat recipe, dogs, food, healthy dog treat, homemade dog treat, homemade dog treat recipe, oatmeal, oatmeal yums, pet food recipe, silicone mat, wheat germ. Bookmark the permalink. Leave a comment.