Recipe Friday – Doggy Yummy Poppers
These interesting treats are sure to please every doggy palette.
- 2 cups buckwheat flour
- 1 1/2 cups tapioca flour
- 1/3 cup blackstrap molasses
- 1/3 cup olive or canola oil
- 1/2 cup water
- 2 eggs
- tsp salt
1. Preheat oven to 250 degrees.
2. Simply mix together the flours and salt. Then add the molasses and mix by hand or mixer.
3. Next, add eggs and oil. Mix again. (You may have to add some water and give another mix until it has the consistency of cookie dough).
4. Sprinkle some flour a non-stick baking sheet or parchment lined tray. Use a spatula to scoop this brown goop out. Sprinkle more flour on top so you can flatten it out. Press it down to your desired thickness, cut into long strips, then chop bite sized pieces from the strips.
5. Roll into balls and place on tray. Bake at 250 degrees for 20 minutes to half an hour. Roll halfway through.
Store in an airtight container for about a week, freeze after a week if there are any leftovers.
Posted on January 25, 2013, in Recipes and tagged buckwheat flour, cooking, dog treat recipe, doggy yummy poppers, food, grain free, homemade dog treat, kitchen, molasses, recipe, tapioca flour. Bookmark the permalink. Leave a comment.