Recipe Friday – Pot Pie (Minus The Pie)
Your dog is sure to love this treat. Sasha could not get enough. I will be making this often!
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 tablespoon flour (for gluten free flour, try rice flour or almond flour)
- 1 cup low-sodium chicken broth
- 1/4 pound deli-sliced turkey, chopped (or any other meat, if your dog cannot eat turkey)
- 1 cup frozen peas and carrots, thawed
- 2 tablespoons chopped flat-leaf parsley
1. In a small skillet, heat the butter over medium heat. Whisk in the flour for 1 minute, then whisk in the chicken broth and bring to a boil over high heat. Lower the heat and simmer until thickened, 2 to 3 minutes.
2. Stir in the turkey, veggies and parsley and cook until heated through, 2 to 3 minutes. Let cool to almost room temperature, then serve.
Makes about 4 servings depending on the size of your dog.
Posted on February 8, 2013, in Recipes and tagged almond flour, carrots, dog, gluten free, gluten free dog treat recipe, homemade dog treat, homemade treat, peas, pot pie, recipe, rice flour, turkey. Bookmark the permalink. Leave a comment.