Recipe Friday – Pumpkin Blueberry Cookie Treats For Dogs
Posted by furbabiesfurever
These are sure to be a hit with dogs everywhere! I have included information for the recipe to be regular and gluten free:
- 1/2 cup applesauce
- 1/2 cup canned pumpkin
- 2 cups 100% whole wheat flour (use about 2 1/2 cups of brown rice flour or almond flour for a gluten free option. You may have to play with the amount to get the right consistency.)
- 1/2 cup flax seed meal
- 1/3 cup blueberries
- 1/3 cup water
1. Preheat your oven to 350 degrees F.
2. Blend together the applesauce and pumpkin. Once the applesauce and pumpkin are well combined, stir in the flour and flax seed meal. Add in enough water until dough just becomes workable. The dough will be a little stiff, but don’t worry, that’s what you need. Work the rest of the ingredients together with your hands until well mixed.
3. Roll out to 1/2 inch thickness and cut in to your desired shapes.
4. Place 1 inch apart on parchment paper lined cookie sheets. Press the blueberries into your treats (I made a circular cookie with a thumbprint in the cookies and pressed the berries into the thumbprints.) It is all right if the berries break open and get gooey.
5. Bake on one side for 20 minutes then turn over and bake on the other side for another 20 minutes until golden brown. Allow to cool before feeding to your pups!
Store in the refrigerator for a week and freeze the rest if there are leftovers. The amount it makes depends on the size of cookies you make.
About furbabiesfureverJust a furmom taking care of "less" adoptables-a dog and cat that are black, always adopting and not shopping. Love many activities,my oscar fish, animals, shopping, friends, family, life, my husband and of course my fur babies.
Posted on March 15, 2013, in Recipes and tagged baking, blueberry, dog, dog treat, gluten free dog treat recipe, gluten free recipe, homemade dog treat, pumpkin, pumpkin blueberry cookie, recipe. Bookmark the permalink. Leave a comment.