Recipe Friday – Yummy Muffins For Dogs
Yes you can make muffins for dogs! Your dog is sure to love these treats! Remember to feed in moderation. You may even try and enjoy them!
- 1 cup Blueberries
- 1/2 cup Raspberries
- 1/2 cup Strawberries
- 1 cup Milk
- 2 1/3 cup Whole Wheat Flour (you can try to make a wheat free version using about 2 cups of rice flour or almond flour)
- 1/3 cup Honey
- 1/4 cup Vegetable Oil
- 1 Egg
- 4 teaspoons Baking Powder
- 1 teaspoon Vanilla Extract
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit and grease muffin tins.
2. In a large bowl mix milk, oil, honey then add egg.
3. In a separate bowl mix wheat flour and baking powder, once well mixed add to wet mixture. Once mixed add vanilla and fold in fruit.
4. Fill greased muffin tins about 1/3 full and bake for 20 to 25 minutes or until the center springs back when touched.
5. Allow to cool on a wire rack and refrigerate for several days, freeze any leftovers.
Posted on April 5, 2013, in Recipes, Uncategorized and tagged baking, blueberries, Dog treats, homemade dog treats, muffins, muffins for dogs, raspberries, recipe, strawberries, wheat free recipe. Bookmark the permalink. Leave a comment.