Recipe Friday – Chicken Carrot Broccoli Dog treats (Wheat Free)
With everything going on in the country right now, it seems trivial to be writing this blog. I do hope that all who read this are well and safe and maybe reading this blog can be a small bright spot in what has been a very heavy week.
- 1 Chicken breast, cooked and chopped
- 1 cup finely grated Carrots
- 1/2 cup chopped Broccoli
- 1 teaspoon Lemon juice
- 3 tablespoons Butter, softened
- 1 Egg
- 2 cups Oat Flour
- In a large bowl mix in all ingredients one at a time, stirring well after each addition
- Divide the dough into fourths and place each ball of dough on to a piece of wax paper.
- Shape the dough into rolls about 1 1/2 inches in diameter and wrap each in plastic wrap or foil and allow to chill in the refrigerator for at least three hours.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit and line a baking sheet with parchment paper or a silicone baking mat.
- To bake, slice rolls about 1/4 inch and bake on prepared baking sheet for 15 to 20 minutes. Cool and refrigerate.
- The rolls can be frozen for about four weeks, if working with frozen rolls it is best to let the stand at room temperature for about 15 to 20 minutes before slicing.
Posted on April 19, 2013, in Recalls, Uncategorized and tagged baking, broccoli, carrot, chicken, dog, dogs, homemade dog treat, homemade dog treat recipe, oat flour, recipe, wheat free dog treat recipe. Bookmark the permalink. Leave a comment.