Recipe Friday – Simple Dog Treats (4 ingredients!)
These simple, four ingredient treats are easy to make and fun for your dogs to eat! I will include a gluten free option in the recipe.
- 1. 2 tbsp natural peanut butter (check the label to make sure it says gluten free. You can buy all natural peanut butter where the only ingredient is peanuts).
- 2. 2 scoops (using the scoop that comes in the canister or about 1/2 cup total) rolled oats (get the gluten free oats option, if you are trying to make the recipe gluten free)
- 3. 1/2 cup natural, unsweetened applesauce (make sure there is NO high fructose corn syrup.)
- 4. 1/2 cup whole wheat flour (or you can use about 1/3 cup rice flour for gluten free option)
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2. Combine all ingredients in a mixing bowl until they form a soft dough ball.
3. Roll out dough onto floured surface with lightly floured rolling pin. (I used a little more whole wheat flour.)
4. Cut out small sections of dough using a cookie cutter or slice with a pizza cutter into about 1.5 in. squares.
5. Place on a lightly sprayed cookie sheet and bake for about 15 minutes or until browned slightly.
*You can play around with the thickness of the dough. If you want softer treats, the dough can be rolled out thicker. If you want crisp treats, the dough should be rolled out thinner. Keep refrigerated for a week and freeze any left overs.
Posted on May 17, 2013, in Uncategorized and tagged 4 ingredient dog treats, applesauce, baking, dog, Dog treats, food, gluten free, gluten free recipe, healthy dog treats, homemade dog treats, peanut butter, recipe, rice flour. Bookmark the permalink. Leave a comment.