Recipe Friday – Yogurt Bone Shaped Berry Parfait For Dogs
This is a great, cool treat for your doggies. One thing to mention, use Greek yogurt for a layer on the bottom, to make them easier to manage and give a thicker texture. (It does not freeze as well as the regular yogurt, so if you want them to be hard frozen do not use any Greek yogurt). You don’t have to use a bone shaped cookie cutter, anything will do, but the bone shape makes it cute for your dog. This recipe makes one dog bone treat, so if you want to make more, double or triple the recipe.
- ~1 tablespoon of Greek Yogurt
- ~1 tablespoon of Plain Yogurt
- ~2 teaspoon of fresh blackberries juice (=3 pieces of blackberries)
- 4 x-small pieces of strawberries
- 1 teaspoon of oats (you can use organic, gluten free oats for those dogs with allergies.)
Use a Bone cookie cutter as a mold. Place it on a flat surface. I used a plate.
1. Pour into the mold ~ 1 tablespoon of Greek yogurt.* Freeze it for about an hour. (or more depending on how hard you might want to try to make the treat. Remember, it does not freeze as well as the regular yogurt, so you might just want to use regular yogurt for the whole recipe).
2. Pour ~2 teaspoons of the fresh blackberries juice. Smashed blackberries can be added too. Freeze it for about 20 to 30 minutes.
3. Place little pieces of strawberries.
4. Pour ~1 tablespoon of plain yogurt. Freeze it for 20 minutes.
5. Place the oats on top. Freeze it for another 10-15 minutes.
You can cut this up into four pieces and give as a treat throughout the day. Remember to feed in moderation, and hopefully your pup will enjoy!
Posted on June 14, 2013, in Recipes, Uncategorized and tagged baking, berries, dog, dog treat, food, frozen treat, gluten free dog treat recipe, greek yogurt, homemade dog treat, oats, plain yogurt, recipe, recipe ingredients, summer treat. Bookmark the permalink. Leave a comment.