Recipe Friday – Peanut Butter Banana Doggie Treats
Here are some yummy treats for your pup.
- 1 Banana, peeled
- 1 Cup oat flour
- 2/3 Cup rolled oats
- 1/2 Cup dried parsley
- 3 Tablespoons peanut butter
- 1 Egg, beaten
1. Preheat oven to 300°F.
2. Put banana in a large bowl and use a spoon or potato masher to mash it thoroughly.
3. Add oat flour, oats, parsley, peanut butter, and egg and stir well to combine. Set aside for 5 minutes.
4. Roll mixture into 24 balls, using about 1 tablespoon dough for each.
5. Transfer each ball to a large parchment paper-lined baking sheet as done. Use the back of a spoon or the heel of your hand to press each ball into a (1 1/2 to 2 inch) coin.
6. Bake until firm and deep golden brown on the bottom, 40 to 45 minutes. Set aside to let cool completely.
7. It’s best to store these in an airtight container in the refrigerator. Or, freeze them to give to your dog later; just be sure to thaw the treats before serving.
Posted on June 21, 2013, in Recipes, Uncategorized and tagged baking, banana, dog, dog treat recipe, Dog treats, dogs, food, homemade dog treats, natural dog treat, peanut butter, recipe. Bookmark the permalink. Leave a comment.