Recipe Friday – Frozen Berry Bones For Dogs Gluten/Grain free
Your dog can participate in the weekend 4th of July festivities (if you live in the USA, if not, your dog will still love these frozen yogurt bones).
- 1/2 cup to a cup of plain yogurt
- 1/2 cup to a cup strawberries (you can use frozen)
- 1/2 cup to a cup blueberries (you can use frozen)
1. Thaw your berries if you’re using frozen ones.
2. Puree the berries with a blender, or even your fork and some effort will do it if they’re from frozen, because they’re so soft. You can even use a potato masher if you have one handy.
3. Layer them into your mold (one layer of strawberries, one layer of yogurt, one layer of blueberries). You can use a silicone bone mold, or you could even use muffin tins. Freeze each layer for an hour. Keep adding layers and freezing for one hour, until the mold is full, making sure your top layer a blueberry layer. freeze for at least five hours.
4. When ready to serve, thaw slightly and serve. You can make double or triple recipes, depending how many you want to make and how many dogs you have.
Posted on July 5, 2013, in Food, Recipes, Uncategorized and tagged blueberry, dog treat, frozen yogurt dog bones, gluten free dog treat, gluten free recipe, grain free dog treat, grain free recipe, homemade dog treat, strawberry, yogurt. Bookmark the permalink. Leave a comment.