Recipe Friday – Lickable Liver Treats For Cats
I may have posted a recipe similar to this before, but I thought I would share a cat treat recipe since I haven’t for a while. Remember to feed in moderation.
- ½ cup of chicken livers (fully cooked)
- ¼ cup of water
- 1 ¼ cup of whole wheat flour (for gluten free flour choice, you can use 1 cup of rice flour)
- ¼ cup of pumpkin (just the plain 100% pumpkin out of the can, or if you are ambitious, you can buy a pumpkin and cook it until you can mash it and use it in this recipe)
- 1 tablespoon of butter (unsalted or salted)
1. Preheat oven to 325 and grease a cookie sheet with olive oil or butter.
2. Combine the flour and butter in a bowl.
3. Blend the livers and water (in a blender or use a fork to mash well, then add to the flour and butter)
4. Next, roll the mixture into balls and then cut it up into small, cat bite-size pieces. Place the pieces on your greased cookie sheet.
5. Bake for 12 minutes, let cool and then serve. You can keep these in an airtight container for about a week, then freeze.
Posted on August 30, 2013, in Recipes, Uncategorized and tagged butter, cat, cat treat, food, gluten free, homemade cat treat recipe, lickable liver treats, liver, liver treat, pumpkin, recipe, treats for cats. Bookmark the permalink. Leave a comment.