Recipe Friday – Peanut Butter Parsley Treats For Dogs
Here is a great recipe for some yummy treats for your favorite doggies out there:
- 1 Cup Whole Wheat Flour (or for gluten free, use about 3/4 to 1 cup of rice flour)
- ½ Tablespoon Baking Powder (If you are doing a gluten free recipe, make sure to read the label to see that this is gluten free)
- ½ Cup Peanut Butter (I use all natural, no sugar added)
- ¼ Cup Unsweetened Applesauce
- ½ Cup Non-Dairy Milk (I use unsweetened, plain almond milk)
- ¼ Cup Chopped Fresh Parsley, loosely packed (optional)
- Preheat the oven to 375 F.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper (or lightly grease). Set aside.
- In a large bowl, combine peanut butter, applesauce, and non-dairy milk. Sift in flour and baking powder and mix well. Fold in fresh parsley (if using).
- Using a cookie dough scoop or heaping tablespoons, spoon dough onto baking sheet. Lightly flatten dough with a spatula.
- Bake for 20 minutes, until lightly browned.
- Remove from oven and cool on a wire rack. Store in an airtight container in the fridge or freezer.
Makes about 14-16 treats, depending on the size you make them.
Posted on September 20, 2013, in Recipes, Uncategorized and tagged almond milk, baking, dog, dog treat, dog treat recipe, food, gluten free, gluten free recipe, parsley, peanut butter, recipe. Bookmark the permalink. Leave a comment.