Recipe Friday – Sweet Potato Mini Cupcakes for Dogs
Here is a great treat for your hungry pooches out there!
- 1 medium sweet potato
- 1/4 cup whole wheat all-purpose flour (or you can use about 1/4 cup rice flour for a gluten free version)
- 1/4 cup water (adjust measurement according to size of potato used)
- Mini-cupcake pan and mini-cupcake skirts
- Some parsley (if you want to add something to freshen your dog’s breath, totally optional)
1. Wash, peel and dice sweet potato; although you can leave the skins on if desired.
2. Steam sweet potato until it is nice and soft, even a little mushy.
3. Mash sweet potato in a bowl with a fork.
4. Mix in flour, parsley and water at the same time to achieve a thick paste.
5. Scoop mixture into mini-cupcake skirts and bake for 40 minutes at 350 until crisp and golden.
6. Allow to cool then treat your pup!
Posted on October 11, 2013, in Recipes, Uncategorized and tagged baking, dog, food, gluten free recipe, homemade dog treat, recipe, rice flour, sweet potato, treat. Bookmark the permalink. Leave a comment.