Recipe Friday – Blueberry Bats For Dogs
Halloween is just around the corner and we don’t want to forget about our furry friends. Here is a treat your dogs should love!
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 Cup Blueberries
- 2 Tablespoons powdered Milk
- 2 Cups Wheat Flour (for gluten free, you can use about 1 3/4 cups rice flour)
- 2 Cups Cream Cheese
- 1/2 Cup approximately of blueberry juice
- 2 Tablespoons Honey
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2. Puree blueberries in a blender and combine all ingredients in a large bowl until well mixed. Knead dough into ball and roll onto a floured surface 1/4 inch thick and cut with cookie cutter of your choice (or try to cut out bats using a knife). Bake on a lightly greased cookie sheet for 20 to 30 minutes until slightly browned.
3. Cool before serving and refrigerate.
Beat cream cheese and honey together until fluffy, add juice from blueberries for blue tint color. Spread on cookies.