Recipe Friday – Dog “Bone” Treat
These treats are not real dog bones, but homemade with a yogurt topping.
For the Bones
- 2 ½ cups non-bleached flour (or try two cups of rice flour for a gluten free option)
- 1 Egg
- 1 cup of water
- 1 chicken bouillon (if you are looking for a gluten free recipe, make sure the bouillon has no gluten in it)
For the Icing
- 1 cup non-fat plain yogurt (gluten free for dogs with gluten allergies)
- 1/2 cup water
1. Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees and spray the cookie pan lightly to prevent the bones from sticking.
2. Mix all of the ingredients together and knead dough until it forms a ball.
3. Take a small piece of dough and roll until it looks like a 6″ round line of dough, about the thickness of a marker.
4. Place the dough in the bone shaped cookie pan and press it into the shape of the bone.
5. Bake for 30 minutes.
6. Take out of the oven and allow the bones to cool. Don’t you just love the cracks? They make them look like real skeleton bones!
7. Mix 1 cup of non-fat plain yogurt with about ½ cup water. Mix well so that there are no lumps.
8. Place the cooled bones into the bowl with the yougurt “dip” and cover the entire bone.
9. Place the “dipped” bone on to wax paper.
10. Place bones in freezer until the yogurt dip is frozen. They were hard in about an hour.
Posted on October 25, 2013, in Recipes, Uncategorized and tagged baking, chicken bouillon, dog, dog treat, gluten free, gluten free recipe, non-fat plain yogurt, recipe, rice flour, skeleton bones, yogurt. Bookmark the permalink. Leave a comment.