Recipe Friday – Butternut Biscuits For Dogs
Here is a yummy treat your dog is sure to love, best of all, it is gluten free!
- 2 Cups oat flour
- 1 Cup cooked butternut squash
- 1/2 Cup applesauce (try to buy unsweetened)
- 1 egg
- 2 Tablespoon maple syrup (some people do not like giving their dogs extra sugar, so if you want to omit this, you can)
- 1 Teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 Teaspoon ground cinnamon
- ¼ Teaspoon sea salt (if you don’t have sea salt, you can always try regular table salt.)
1. In large bowl thoroughly mix all ingredients and preheat oven to 350F.
2. Drop by teaspoonfuls onto paper lined cookie sheet. These can be placed close together since they wont expand. Lightly sprinkle cinnamon on top of each cookie.
3. Bake for 20 minutes or until lightly browned.
4. Remove from the oven to a baker’s rack and let cool.
You can feed these with their regular meal or as a treat. Keep in airtight container in fridge and after one week, freeze any leftovers. They should keep for about 2 months in the freezer.
Posted on December 6, 2013, in Recipes, Uncategorized and tagged baking, biscuits, butternut, cinnamon, dog, food, gluten free, gluten free recipe, homemade dog treat, oat flour. Bookmark the permalink. Leave a comment.