Recipe Friday – Christmas Peanut Butter Banana Parsley Dog Treats
These are great stocking stuffers for your dog. I have included ingredients for a gluten free recipe for those dogs with allergies. Enjoy!
- 1 medium banana, peeled
- 1 cup whole wheat flour (or try 3/4 to 1 cup of rice flour, or 3/4 to 1 cup of almond flour)
- 2/3 cup rolled oats (if your dog has allergies, Bob’s Red Mill has a gluten free version of rolled oats)
- 1/2 cup dried parsley
- 3 T creamy peanut butter
- 1 egg, beaten
1. Preheat oven to 300F. Mash banana in large bowl. Add all additional ingredients and mix well. Let sit for 5 minutes.
2. Roll out mixture to desired thickness and cut with cookie cutters. Bake on parchment lined-baking sheets for 40-45 minutes.
3. Let cool completely, and then enjoy!
Keep in airtight container in fridge for one week and freeze any left overs. Depending on what size cookie cutters you use and the thickness of the dough you want, this recipe can yield 1-3 dozen treats. Remember to feed in moderation.
Posted on December 13, 2013, in Recipes, Uncategorized and tagged almond flour, baking, banana, Bob's Red Mill, Christmas, dog, gluten free, gluten free recipe, homemade dog treat, parsley, peanut butter, rice flour, rolled oats, whole wheat flour. Bookmark the permalink. Leave a comment.