Recipe Friday – Greens and Pork for Dogs
Happy Holidays and Happy New Year to all! Here is a great recipe to try for your pups:
- 4 slices Bacon, crisply cooked and crumbled
- 1 cup frozen Chopped Collard Greens, thawed
- 1 Egg
- 2 tablespoons Milk
- 1 cup Soy Flour (or you can use about 1 cup of rice flour or about 1 1/2 cups of wheat flour if your dog does not have allergies to wheat).
1. Preheat oven to 350F and line a baking sheet with parchment paper or a silicone baking mat.
2. In a large bowl mix all ingredients until well combined.
3. Knead dough into ball and roll onto a heavily floured surface as thin as you can, cut with the cookie cutter of your choice.
4. Place on your prepared cookie sheet and bake for 10 to 15 minutes, until crisp at the edges. Cool and refrigerate.
5. Store in airtight container in the fridge for about a week, freeze any left overs.
Posted on December 27, 2013, in Recipes, Uncategorized and tagged baking, Collard Greens, dog, Dog treats, food, gluten free, greens, Happy Holidays, homemade dog treats, pork, recipe, rice flour, slices Bacon, soy flour, wheat flour. Bookmark the permalink. Leave a comment.