Recipe Friday – Chewy Treats For Cats
It’s been a while since I posted a recipe for cats. I may have posted something similar to this recipe ages ago, but I figured this is a good one, and one that I made for Isis over the holidays.
- 1 large egg
- 1 4-oz jar chicken and brown rice baby food (or something meaty which may include canned wet cat food)
- 1/4 Cup parsley, coarsely chopped
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 2 Tablespoons water
- 1 Cup brown rice flour
- 1/2 Cup cooked white (or brown) rice
- You may also want to add: 1 tablespoon of catnip or a hearty tablespoon of extra wet cat food.
1. Place a rack in the middle of the oven and preheat oven to 325 degrees F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and set aside.
2. In a medium bowl, whisk together egg, baby food (or wet cat food), parsley, olive oil, and water. Add brown rice flour and cooked rice. Stir to incorporate. The mixture will be thick but spreadable.
3. Spread mixture onto prepared baking sheet creating a rectangle that is about 1/3 of an inch thick. Bake for 12 to 15 minutes.
4. Remove from the oven. Let rest until cool enough to handle, then slice soft dough into bite-sized pieces. Return pieces to the oven to bake for another 8 minutes. Remove from the oven. Allow to cool completely. Store in an airtight container in the fridge. Store treats in the fridge just to be safe.