Here is a yummy treat your dog is sure to love, best of all, it is gluten free!
- 2 Cups oat flour
- 1 Cup cooked butternut squash
- 1/2 Cup applesauce (try to buy unsweetened)
- 1 egg
- 2 Tablespoon maple syrup (some people do not like giving their dogs extra sugar, so if you want to omit this, you can)
- 1 Teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 Teaspoon ground cinnamon
- ¼ Teaspoon sea salt (if you don’t have sea salt, you can always try regular table salt.)
1. In large bowl thoroughly mix all ingredients and preheat oven to 350F.
2. Drop by teaspoonfuls onto paper lined cookie sheet. These can be placed close together since they wont expand. Lightly sprinkle cinnamon on top of each cookie.
3. Bake for 20 minutes or until lightly browned.
4. Remove from the oven to a baker’s rack and let cool.
You can feed these with their regular meal or as a treat. Keep in airtight container in fridge and after one week, freeze any leftovers. They should keep for about 2 months in the freezer.
Want a great treat for your dogs for the weekend? Try out these biscuits that are sure to make for some lip smacking, tail banging good times!
- 2 Cups of Bisquick (they now have a gluten free version if your dog has a gluten allergy)
- 1 Cup Pre-cooked chopped chicken
- 1 Cup Low fat shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 1/2 Cups Water
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2. Combine all ingredients in medium sized bowl (Mixing dough for approximately 3 minutes will ensure all ingredients were mixed well.) Dough will be sticky.
3. Form dough into balls and place onto well greased cookie sheet. Bake for 15 minutes or until golden brown.
4. Remove and cool on a cooling rack. Once cool, place in an airtight container and store in fridge for up to two weeks.
5. Depending on the size of the balls you make (smaller size for smaller dogs, larger size for larger dogs), these can make 1-3 dozen treats.