Here is a great recipe for a tasty meat-cake treat for your kitty!
- 1 lb. of calf or pork liver ( you can use chicken liver if you cannot find pork or calf liver)
- 1 cup of flour (if your kitty has allergies to gluten, 3/4 cup of Rice Flour should work)
- 1/2 cup corn meal (I know I don’t advocate using corn anything, but for a treat, once in a while, corn is all right).
1. Preheat oven to 350F.
2. Grease a cookie sheet (I use olive oil to grease anything I make for Isis).
3. Pour all ingredients into a processor and mix well. If you don’t have one, use a large mixing bowl and combine until well mixed.
4. Bake for 20 minutes. It is done when it no longer looks pink.
5. Once cool, cut into pieces that will be edible for your kitty. Save the rest in a ziplock bag in the fridge for about a week.
*Just a sidenote, today (August 17th) is National Black Cat Appreciation/Awareness Day. I cannot say enough about it; adopting Isis has been one of the best things that has happened to me. The recipe above would be great to make in celebration of our black cats! I will be making this for Isis.