Here is a great treat, with a Hawaiian theme just for your dog:
- 1/2 cup chopped Ham, cooked
- 1/4 cup shredded Mozzarella Cheese
- 1 (20 ounce can) crushed Pineapple in water, drained
- 1 (6 ounce can) Tomato Paste (make SURE the only ingredient in this is Tomatoes so that the recipe stays dog friendly)
- 1/2 tablespoon dried Parsley
- 2 1/4 cup Brown Rice Flour
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit and line a baking sheet with parchment paper or a silicone baking mat.
2. In a large bowl add all ingredients and mix well.
3. Knead dough into ball and roll onto a heavily floured surface, the dough is sticky, roll until the dough is 1/4 inch thick. Cut into squares (as if you are cutting a small square pizza into small square pieces).
4. Place on prepared baking sheet and bake for 10 to 15 minutes.
Can make up to 3 to 4 dozen treats.
Cool and refrigerate. You can place leftovers into ziploc bags and store them that way in the fridge for a week, then freeze if you have more left over.
Time for a new recipe for cat treats. These are chewy and soft and gluten free (as long as the wet cat food you use is gluten free and if you use baby food, that must say gluten free in order for this to be a gluten free recipe) for your precious kitties!
- 1 large egg
- 1 4-oz jar chicken and brown rice baby food (or something meaty which may include canned wet cat food)
- 1/4 cup parsley, coarsely chopped
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1 cup brown rice flour
- 1/2 cup cooked white (or brown) rice
- other things you might add other treats like : 1 tablespoon of catnip or a tablespoon of extra wet cat food.
1. Place a rack in the middle of the oven and preheat oven to 325 degrees F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
2. In a medium bowl, whisk together egg, baby food (or wet cat food), parsley, olive oil, and water. Add brown rice flour and cooked rice. Stir to incorporate. The mixture will be thick but spreadable.
3. Spread mixture onto prepared baking sheet creating a rectangle that is about 1/3 of an inch thick. Bake for 12 to 15 minutes.
4. Remove from the oven. Let rest until cool enough to handle, then slice soft dough into bite-sized pieces. Return pieces to the oven to bake for another 8 minutes. Remove from the oven. Allow to cool completely. Store in an airtight container in the fridge. Feed in moderation.