You are sure to receive some great kitty kat kisses (or headbutts) from feeding these wonderful treats to your fur baby.
- One can of your cat’s favorite cat food.
- Catnip (how much you use all depends on how much you want to use. I use a few pinches, you can use more or less).
- One Ziploc bag, with the corner cut (you will be using it like a piping bag, like frosting, so cut the size of hole you want in the corner of the bag).
- Preheat oven to 300F.
- Grease a cookie sheet (I use Olive Oil as it is good for cats, rather than other kinds of household cooking oils).
- Take the cat food and Catnip and put them into a blender and blend until it is the consistency of frosting. If you do not have a blender, use a medium mixing bowl and use a hand mixer and if you do not have that, use a medium mixing bowl and a spoon and mix until it is like frosting.
- Take the Ziploc bag and place the mixture into the Ziploc bag (wait until you have all the mixture in the bag, THEN cut a hole into the corner of the bag).
- Now, on the greased cookie sheet, squeeze or pipe out little “kisses” (like Hershey’s Chocolate Kisses) onto the sheet.
- Depending on the size of the kisses, bake them for 15 minutes, for small kisses. They shouldn’t be too hard to the touch when checking them after baking. You may increase time until it suits you and for the size of the kisses you make.
- Let cool and serve in moderation to your cat (I give Isis one a day when I make them).
- Use a plastic container and place them in the container with lid and store in the refrigerator for up to two weeks.