Here is a yummy treat your dog is sure to love, best of all, it is gluten free!
- 2 Cups oat flour
- 1 Cup cooked butternut squash
- 1/2 Cup applesauce (try to buy unsweetened)
- 1 egg
- 2 Tablespoon maple syrup (some people do not like giving their dogs extra sugar, so if you want to omit this, you can)
- 1 Teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 Teaspoon ground cinnamon
- ¼ Teaspoon sea salt (if you don’t have sea salt, you can always try regular table salt.)
1. In large bowl thoroughly mix all ingredients and preheat oven to 350F.
2. Drop by teaspoonfuls onto paper lined cookie sheet. These can be placed close together since they wont expand. Lightly sprinkle cinnamon on top of each cookie.
3. Bake for 20 minutes or until lightly browned.
4. Remove from the oven to a baker’s rack and let cool.
You can feed these with their regular meal or as a treat. Keep in airtight container in fridge and after one week, freeze any leftovers. They should keep for about 2 months in the freezer.
With everything going on in the country right now, it seems trivial to be writing this blog. I do hope that all who read this are well and safe and maybe reading this blog can be a small bright spot in what has been a very heavy week.
- 1 Chicken breast, cooked and chopped
- 1 cup finely grated Carrots
- 1/2 cup chopped Broccoli
- 1 teaspoon Lemon juice
- 3 tablespoons Butter, softened
- 1 Egg
- 2 cups Oat Flour
- In a large bowl mix in all ingredients one at a time, stirring well after each addition
- Divide the dough into fourths and place each ball of dough on to a piece of wax paper.
- Shape the dough into rolls about 1 1/2 inches in diameter and wrap each in plastic wrap or foil and allow to chill in the refrigerator for at least three hours.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit and line a baking sheet with parchment paper or a silicone baking mat.
- To bake, slice rolls about 1/4 inch and bake on prepared baking sheet for 15 to 20 minutes. Cool and refrigerate.
- The rolls can be frozen for about four weeks, if working with frozen rolls it is best to let the stand at room temperature for about 15 to 20 minutes before slicing.
These healthy and yummy treats are sure to please your fur baby!
- 1/2 cup shredded Cheddar Cheese
- 2 tablespoon grated Parmesan Cheese
- 1/2 tablespoon dried Rosemary, crushed
- 1/2 cup Milk
- 1 1/2 cup Oat Flour
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees Fahrenheit and line a baking sheet with parchment paper or a silicone baking mat.
- In a large bowl add all ingredients and mix well.
- Knead dough into ball and roll onto a floured surface 1/4 inch thick and cut with your cookie cutter of your choice.
- Place on prepared baking sheet and bake for 20 to 25 minutes or until browned.
Cool and refrigerate.
Makes 2 dozen rounds.