Please read the following voluntary recall:
October 7, 2014 — PetSmart has announced that Loving Pets Corp is voluntarily recalling specific lots of Simply Nourish Biscotti with Beef and Sweet Potatoes Dog Treats due to the potential of mold growth.
The affected products have the expiration date of February 2016. No product images were provided.
No other Simply Nourish or Loving Pets treats are affected.
What’s Being Recalled?
What to Do?
The company recommends that consumers immediately stop using the specified product and return it to any PetSmart store for a full refund.
You are also advised to bring your receipt with you to the store when requesting a refund.
Questions regarding any personal or pet health concerns should be directed to your health care provider or veterinarian.
For any additional questions related to this recall, you may call the Loving Pets Corporation at 866-599-7387.
U.S. citizens can report complaints about FDA-regulated pet food products by calling the consumer complaint coordinator in your area.
Or go to http://www.fda.gov/petfoodcomplaints.
Canadians can report any health or safety incidents related to the use of this product by filling out the Consumer Product Incident Report Form.
Get Critical Dog Food Recall Alerts
Delivered to You by Email
Get dog food recall alerts delivered right to your Inbox the moment we become aware of them. Subscribe to The Dog Food Advisor’s Dog Food Recall Alert email notification list now. There is no cost for this service.
This is the easiest recipe ever! I wasn’t sure Sasha (or any dog for that matter), would like this, but she LOVED it. This is so easy to prepare for anyone who may not be a wizard in the kitchen.
Ingredient: (Yes ONE ingredient!)
- 3 Large Sweet Potatoes (washed and dried about the same shape/size works best)
1. Preheat oven to 250 degrees
2. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
3. Cut your sweet potato in half lengthwise.
4. Place flat side of halved potato onto your cutting board and slice into 1/3 inch lengthwise pieces. Do not cut thinner than 1/4 inch.
5. Place them on the prepared baking sheet.
6. Bake for 3 hours turning over halfway through.
7. Cool completely on a wire rack.
8. Keep refrigerated up to two weeks. Store any leftovers in the freezer for up to 4 months.